Thursday, July 2, 2009

Things to bring on a "Road Trip"

I finally got a haircut yesterday, and today I'm heading up to Cleveland. Cleveland, GA is a small town near Helen, GA. My family and I are going up there for the Forth of July weekend. I'll be sure to post pictures on here of the trip.


We're renting a boat while we're there....I havn't been fishing in ages, it should be interesting. :)

1. (If you're not the one driving) A good book.... Depending on how long you will be in the car, a good book can make the time go by quickly.

2. Snacks/Drinks.... Now this could be the most important of all. Who wants to stop every 20 minutes because someone gets thirsty, or hungry? I know I don't.

3. Portable DVD player.... This will always come in handy, especially if you have kids in the vehicle, and is always a good alternative if you get bored with your book.

4. Games.... Games are a good way to pass time on a road trip. You can bring stuff for a game, or like me and my family have done countless times, play either the ABC game, or the 50 States game.

ABC Game: You try and find A-Z on signs, liscense plates, cars, etc.... The letter must be outside your vehicle.
50 States: I would have to say this one is more fun. You try to find a liscense plate from every state. This is also a lot harder than the ABC game. If anyone finds Alaska or Hawaii let me know...I think those are the only two I have never found.... :(

5. Last but not least...Money.... This is an obvious one, do I even need to explain?

Good thing this road trip is not going to be a long one, actually it's quite short compared to what I'm used to. Have fun....

0 comments: